Sunday, May 01, 2005


Ichthus Music Festival Grounds Posted by Hello
From 1992-1995, I served as the General Chairman of Ichthus Ministries. This was a great experience which helped me to establish my leadership style and gave me passion to see the gospel breach cultural boundaries with the generation behind me. During this time, I advanced and prepared the ministry to move to a new location outside the city limits of Wilmore, Kentucky that became a more efficient location to handle traffic concerns and enhanced festival experience for participants. I was also instrumental in helping build a strong relationship between Ichthus Ministries and the city of Wilmore, which helped in the new location effort. In the years that I led this ministry, it was administrated by all volunteers from Asbury College and Asbury Seminary. I was also a full time student as I worked in this role. With this volunteer staff, we were able to recruit and train over 1500 volunteers to run the logistics of the festival which included camping, security, registration, marketing, food service, and program. Ichthus was a rich experience that helped me learn how to empower volunteer leaders and workers to push forward in God's purposes in ministry on a grand scale.